AVillage...Inc.

AVillage...Inc.
Click the Logo back to our website

7/03/2012

2012 Summer A+Plus Program

AVillage and Wmht are collaborating this summer with the A+Plus Program, formerly known as the summer youth employment program. We are working with teens to show them how to be reporters. We had our first orientation on Monday. It was very exciting! we look forward to our second session, which will happen today at 10:30am. This is promised to be a great experience for our Youth! Just to see the stars in their eyes and the joy that our children have in their heart, is all I need.

I know that this will be a big success for our children and the community as a whole. I spoke at the common council last night and told them about the program. I also asked them if our students could interview them. They were all happy to accommodate our request. God put me in the right place when he allowed me to be able to interact with our children. I have very little to offer but what I have to offer is better than nothing. Our children are amazing!

We are also very proud to have the opportunity to work with Amanda J. Lester andKatherine Pasquini Jetter of Wmht. These young ladies are totally amazing. Just to take out of their busy schedule and come down to our neighborhood and work with our children is really something to be commended. I'm very happy to have known them. Our children will go into the community and interview members of their families, neighbors, elected officials and many more. Our intentions are to interview people like Dr. Alice Green, Ms. Clara Phillips, The Mayor, Judges, police officers, like Ben Sturges and others.

Please Stay Tuned....Much More To Come...AVillage/Wmht

No comments:

Post a Comment