AVillage...Inc.

AVillage...Inc.
Click the Logo back to our website

7/10/2012

Find Your Way in Life

by Willie White

One thing that I've learned over the years is that you have to find your way in life. I'm beginning to find my way. We take so much for granted in our daily lives. People are hurting and we are to busy complaining about the small things.

I was shopping this morning at Price Chopper. A lady came in the Market and told one of the worker that a man had passed out on the sidewalk. When I got outside, I went over to him and said that everything was going to be ok. I told him to hang in there, the ambulance was on the way. He started to cry. I asked him what was wrong. he said that they shouldn't have called the ambulance. I told him that he had bumped his head and that he should go and get checked out.

I was drinking a nice hot cup of coffee that I had just got from dunkin donut. He looked at my coffee and said, "I wish I had one of those." That coffee was so good but I gave it to him. You would think that that coffee was gold. he really appreciated it and I'm so glad I gave it to him.

I waited until the ambulance arrived and explained to the EMT what had happen, then I was on my way home. When I was driving away, I couldn't help from crying myself. I thought about how much people are hurting and how we, as a society takes so much for granted, I believe I'm finding my way in life. In order to find your way, you must first get your self out of the way, if you know what I mean.



No comments:

Post a Comment